Last Updated: Dec 18, 2017
Here are a few etiquette tips on how to conduct yourself around a service dog:
- DO speak to the handler, NOT the dog.
- DO let the handler know if the dog is in your way.
- DO NOT pet the dog without permission. [Note: If you just can't resist, DO ask the handler if you may pet the dog—but “permission to pet” is not a guarantee—it is up to the handler and his/her situation at that moment!]
- DO NOT purposely distract the dog or try to take its attention away from its handler.
- DO NOT feed the dog.
- DO NOT ask the handler about his/her disability.
For more information about service animals visit the site below.